1. The Company
BETASERIES SAS, a simplified joint-stock company with a capital of 1,315,345 euros, registered with the Paris RCS B 817 527 724, whose head office is located at 21 rue de Verdun, 51100 REIMS, offers a mobile application on iOS and Android (hereinafter "the official Applications"), a website (hereinafter "the official Website") and an API open to developers under certain conditions. The set is completely free and offers members the management of their planning, sharing the latest episodes watched, through the discovery of new shows, all surrounded by the community BetaSeries.
Access to the Site and Applications is reserved for anyone who has downloaded or visited (hereinafter the "Visitor"). A Visitor may not, however, take any action on the Site or the Applications except to visit the pages or screens that are authorized. On unauthorized pages or screens, they will be asked to create an account (they will then be a "Member") to go further.
Without this acceptance by the Visitor, the registration can not be validated.
- "Chat" refers to a messaging system that allows Members to communicate with each other through messages.
- "Account" means the personal space created by the Member on the Site or the Applications, containing his personal information (identification, statistics, planning etc.) accessible through the combination of a Username and a Password defined by the Visitor to the creation of his Account.
- "Member" means a Visitor who has an Account identified on the Site or any of the Applications.
- "Password" means the password chosen by the Visitor at the time of the creation of his Account in order to access the Site or the Applications. It must contain at least 6 alphanumeric characters.
- "Username" is a sequence of 3 characters minimum and up to 24 characters and can contain only letters, numbers, underscore. It designates the name chosen by the Member to represent it on the Site or the Applications.
- "The Company" means BETASERIES SAS.
- "Supports": refers to all sites, applications using BetaSeries, including the site and official applications.
- "Official Supports": designate all the sites and applications published directly by the Company.
- "Visitor" is a person who has not yet created an account on the Application.
4. How to Create and Delete an Account
4.1. Restrictions on creating an Account
Can not create Account on Supports people under 15 years old.
4.2. Creation and validation of an Account
In order to create an Account, the Visitor must enter a Username of his choice and a unique Password and secret. Supports can also offer the possibility to create an account via the Facebook Connect service that will automatically retrieve the information on the Facebook account to avoid having to retype.
This information is strictly personal. The Visitor must guarantee their confidentiality and ensure that they are not used by others. From this fact, when the identifier and the password of a Visitor will be used, there will be a presumption that it is the Visitor who uses them.
After the validation of the form, the Visitor will be asked for additional information. Some information may already be populated if they used the Facebook Connect service.
Once this information is given, the Visitor may complete the registration. If they have not used the Facebook Connect service, they will receive an email inviting him to click on a validation link, this link allows us to check the validity of his email address and will redirect the Visitor to the Support on which they registered.
The validation of the email address is the last step and once done, the Visitor will be a verified Member and they will have access to all features on the Support as soon as they are identified on his account.
An account created on a Support is valid on all BetaSeries Supports, official or not, as long as it has the identification function and uses the BetaSeries API.
4.3 Disabling and Deleting an Account
A Member may request the deletion of his Account at any time directly on a Support or send an email to [email protected] A confirmation email will be sent to the Member.
In the case of a deletion of the Account by the Company or the Member, planning, information and various interactions created by the said Member will be removed from all the Supports and will no longer be visible. For security reasons, the Company reserves the right to retain its information for 6 months even if it will no longer be visible to other Members.
5. Exclusion of guarantees
Notwithstanding the Company's efforts to provide the highest quality and highest level of service to its Members, the Company can not guarantee that its official Supports are free of errors, bugs or viruses and that theirs access will be uninterrupted.
In no event shall the Company be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential damages resulting from the use (or misuse) of any of the official Supports (including, but not limited to, damage resulting from loss or the interruption of the Support).
A Visitor or Member connecting to an unofficial Support must respect the conditions of this Support. As the Company is only a content provider via its API, it can not also be responsible for what happens on this Support and the consequences that it may have of any nature whatsoever.
The Company can not be held responsible for what happens between Members outside the scope of the Supports.
The Member acknowledges that the Company will also not be liable for any damage, loss or damage resulting from piracy, falsification or any other unauthorized access or use of the Supports or its Account.
The Application reserves the right to suspend, modify, or supplement its Official Supports without notice. Unofficial Supports not being directly managed by the Company, it is necessary to refer to the conditions of the Supports in question.
6. Responsibilities and guarantees of the Member
A Member is responsible for the information they put on the Supports. They undertake to provide full and honest information that the Support asks him.
A Member agrees to keep his Username and Password secret and confidential.
A Member acknowledges that it is solely responsible for the use of the BetaSeries Support.
A Member also agrees not to allow any person to access the Support via his Account.
A Member acknowledges that the Application is not responsible in any way for the difficulties encountered in accessing and using the Application due to electronic communication networks and in particular Internet access services.
A Member is not authorized to use the Supports for professional, commercial or lucrative purposes.
A Member is not allowed to make comments that would be unlawful or contrary to morality (including obscene, indecent, defamatory, pornographic, abusive, threatening, or harassing of any kind).
A Member may not promote any product or service, company or URL, whatever they are, except for the address of the BetaSeries Supports.
A Member may not make statements that could reasonably be considered defamatory or offensive to the image of the Supports.
If the Account is closed by decision of the Company, the Member may not register or have access to any of the Supports without the written consent of the Company.
A Member acknowledges that any attempt to unauthorized entry into the Application system or an Account, interfering with the procedures or performance of any of the Supports, or deliberately damaging a Support is subject to prosecution in court civil and / or criminal and the immediate closure of his Account.
- Temporary suspension of the Account for a period determined by the Company. The Member can no longer log in to his Account until the account is no longer suspended.
- Deletion of the Account and all its affiliated data.
- Ban the IP address of the Member.
The decision on the sanction applied is at the discretion of the directors of the Company. In the event of a problem falling under French law, the Company may also lodge a complaint with the competent judicial authorities. In any case, the Member will be informed of his sanction by email as soon as possible.
8. API conditions
Using the API (XML / JSON), a developer can interact with BetaSeries in an existing application or create new applications directly with the API. The request for access is to be made on: https://www.betaseries.com/api/
8.1 Rules of use
In the case of an API key request, you must respect the following rules:
- Mention the use of BetaSeries (with the site URL) on your application / site.
- Do not make more queries than necessary.
- You can use all BetaSeries features through the unrestricted API in a free or paid application. However, if your application is paying, you should not offer the download of subtitles.
- Do not spoil users (for example by displaying episode comments they have not seen).
- Stay reachable and keep a valid e-mail associated with your API key.
- The name of your application must not contain the name "BetaSeries".
- If the app is intended for a large audience, send an email to [email protected] to verify your API implementation.
8.2 Consequence of unconventional use of the API
Use of the API that does not comply with one of the above rules may result in a warning on the email address you entered when requesting the API key or a pure and simple shutdown of your API. key. Once the key is cut, it becomes invalid and you will not have access to the BetaSeries functions via the API.
9. Intellectual property
All the content of the official Supports and information provided by the API namely, in a non-exhaustive way: images, illustrations, graphics, photographs, animations, videos, music, texts, logo are the property of Company except items provided by http://thetvdb.com/ and https://www.themoviedb.org/ that have not been added or edited by a Member. The basics http://thetvdb.com/ and https://www.themoviedb.org/ provide a non-exhaustive list of shows, their episodes, images, summaries, lists of actors displayed on the supports of BetaSeries. This use is made by the Company under the terms of http://thetvdb.com/ and https://www.themoviedb.org/ and under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
A Member being the author of a publication via an official Support or API (texts, notation, photographs, videos, more generally, any content created by a Member) gives the authorization to the Company to use, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly present, reproduce, edit, modify, translate and reformat its contribution in the context of its Supports or partners, and sub-grant these rights, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable regulations.
Any unlawful exploitation of all or part of the contents of one of the official Supports and intellectual property rights will be the subject of a complaint to the competent judicial authorities.
All of YouTube material present on the Website is distributed under YouTube Terms of Service available at https://www.youtube.com/t/terms.
11. Applicable law and competent court
12. Nullity and autonomy of the contractual provisions
14. Mention of the brand
BetaSeries is a registered trademark of BETASERIES SAS. The names of the publishers, the media, the services and more generally the companies or products mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by BetaSeries.
Copyright © 2021 BETASERIES SAS. All rights reserved.
Version number: 1.4
Last updated: October 26, 2021